It is always great news if scientist are finding new solutions. When it are two people and they are young it makes the future only brighter. Please take a little of your time to enjoy below video.
Like many TED talks it shows in an entertaining way how people got to some point.
Some interesting parts of the video:
- Plastic destructs eco systems
- The ocean has become a plastic soup. There is no place in the ocean where you cannot find waste
- Plastics have difficult constructions which makes them difficult to biograde
- Phthalates are part of plastic and easily are de-attached from plastic
- Therefore phthalates, which are in many plastic items, get easily into eco systems including human bodies
Also updated today:
- http://garbagepatch.net/solutions-what-can-you-do/ (updated: loads of new links)
- http://garbagepatch.net/great-pacific-garbage-patch/ (new page)